Monticello 8 x 16 greenhouse - MONT-8-BK
The Monticello 8 x 16 greenhouse is constructed from thicker high grade extruded aluminum channels and electrostatically painted black. You can also purchase the identical greenhouse in brushed aluminum instead of black. Due to the use of thicker aluminum channels these quality greenhouses use on average more than 75 lbs more aluminum than the average imported greenhouses that incorporate thinner aluminum framework. This is a key feature of these green houses since the weaker the framework the less snow the greenhouse can hold in the winter before collapsing and the easier it will be get damaged in windy conditions.
The typical hobby greenhouse also uses less expensive thinner walls and roofing materials. SnapGlas polycarbonate panels are typically .07mm thick and most dual pane panels are 4mm in thickness. The Monticello greenhouse uses professional grade 8mm twin wall polycarbonate, the same thickness as used in the commercial greenhouses. Twin wall polycarbonate panels act just like a double pain window keeping cooler air in during warm months and insulating the greenhouse from cold air in the wintertime. This not only makes the Monticello more efficient to grow in for a longer period of time than other greenhouses but it also adds to the efficiency of growing, cutting down electric bills for those who choose to grow year round.
Another great feature of the Monticello is the quick and easy set-up. The average greenhouse typically takes an entire weekend to assemble but this greenhouse can go up in as little as 5.5 hours. This feat is accomplished through a combination of more rigid better-quality materials and interchangeable parts while also using much fewer parts. The peak the Monticello greenhouse is 7ft 6in. well above the average interior greenhouse height. The high ceiling design also helps with displacing heat within the greenhouse while eliminating the need to bend down when inside the greenhouse.
Additional features include an integrated base, built in rain water capture gutter system, automatic roof vent and low profile double sliding doors that open to 4ft 6in. If ever you outgrow your greenhouse you will also find that the Monticello offers the ability to grow as your needs grow with a 4ft extension kit that can be purchased anytime in the future.
It might sound trite and can be an overused expression but you typically get what you pay for and with the Monticello greenhouse this rings true. The Monticello comes with the strongest warranty in the hobby greenhouse industry (10 yrs) on both the frame and the polycarbonate panels. For the gardener that is looking for a mid-priced greenhouse system that will supply years of hassle free indoor gardening this is the greenhouse for you.
- Designed & Made in the USA!
- 8.1 ft W x 16.3 ft. L x 7.6 ft. H
- Quick assembly construction (average time of 4 hours)
- Integrated flush base design
- High impact UV stable 8mm twin wall polycarbonate walls and roof
- Heavy duty extruded aluminum frame construction
- Black electrostatically painted frame or brushed aluminum
- 2ft x 2ft roof vent with automatic opener
- Integrated dual rain water capture gutter system
- Dual low profile "easy roll" sliding entry doors with locking ability
- Large 4.6ft wide door opening
- Accessories available including shade clothes & shelving kits
- Full 10 yr warranty -strongest in the industry
- Expandable - ability to expand greenhouse in 4ft increments as needs grow
- Efficient - average cost to run greenhouse year round $150-$200
- Snow load capacity of 24lbs/sq ft (1.536 lbs)
- Wind load of 52 m/sec (113 mph gusts)